These were inspired by a Slimming World crustless quiche recipe I came across. I've just adapted it to make them more child friendly, though you can play around with the ingredients and basically just use anything you have in your fridge. The advantage of using courgette is that you can whip a batch of these up within 5 minutes, because using grated courgette means you don't have to spend ages finely chopping anything. I make a batch of these in the morning, so they're fresh and ready for Isabella's lunchtime.
What you'll need:
(Makes 24 mini bites)
1/2 Courgette, grated
30g Low Salt Cheddar Cheese, grated
Splash of Full Fat Milk
2 Eggs, beaten
Cottage Cheese, optional
1 tsp Dried Oregano, optional
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven at 180'C and grease a mini muffin tin.
2) Squeeze the grated courgette to remove excess moisture and put into a microwaveable bowl.
3) Microwave the courgette for 1 minute and allow to cool.
4) Once cool add the cheese, milk and eggs. Combine well.
5) Put around 1 dessert spoon of mixture into each mini muffin section of the tin. At this point you can add about 1/2 tsp of cottage cheese on top and a sprinkle of oregano if you'd like.
6) Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
What ingredients would your little one enjoy in these bites?
Feel free to leave a comment :)