Not the snappiest title ever, but you get the idea...these are full of yummy goodness! You could change the soaked bran flakes for baby porridge, but I wanted to add an extra hit of fibre. The addition of all spice makes these perfect for this time of year, though if your child prefers cinnamon or ginger then feel free to substitute or omit. As Isabella is currently enjoying finger food a lot more than spoon fed I'm conciously trying to ensure she gets more of a 'meal' from the food she eats. These muffins are full of fruit and vegetables, making them tasty meal time finger food.
What you'll need:
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Bran flakes, soaked in full fat milk so they're completely soft
2 Fun size apples or 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 Carrot, peeled and grated
1 Ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp Full fat milk
1 1/2 tsp All spice, optional
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven at 180'C. Whisk the egg and oil together in a bowl.
2) Combine the flour, all spice, soaked bran flakes, carrot and apple in a bowl.
3) Mix the milk and mashed banana together and add to the flour mixture. Stir well.
4) Add the oil/egg mixture and completely combine.
5) Spoon into a mini muffin tin (either using mini paper cases or not) and baked for 20-25 minutes. The muffins will be soft and moist, yet golden on top.
6) Allow to cool and let your little ones enjoy. They make perfect breakfast finger food or simply as a snack throughout the day.
What's your little ones favourite breakfast?
Feel free to leave a comment :)