One of my favouirte Easter treats are chocolate crispy nests topped with mini eggs - sooo good! Their obviously not very baby friendly (all the more for us adults) so I made it my mission to create something similar for Isabella to enjoy over Easter. These aren't quite as crispy as the chocolate versions, which is a good thing because it makes them really easy for little ones to eat. I've also had a go at making some baby friendly mini eggs, it wouldn't be Easter without them. I used a Nakd bar because they're full of goodness, 100% natural and there are lots of flavours you can choose from. They're pretty easily accessible now, with most supermarkets stocking them.
What you'll need:
(makes 6 nests)
1 Very ripe banana
8 tsp Ground almonds
2 tsp Greek yogurt
30g Puffed rice
Sprinkle of cinnamon
for the topping
for the topping
Natural food colouring
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven to 180'C. Place cupcake cases into a muffin tin.
2) Mash the banana in a large bowl, mix in the Greek yogurt, ground almonds, cinnamon and puffed rice until completely combined.
3) Spoon the puffed rice mixture into the cupcake cases. Using the back of a teaspoon make a well in the middle of each nest.
4) Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the tray and cool on a wire rack.
5) To make the mini egg style topping break off a small piece of the Naked bar and roll into an egg shape.
6) Mix a small amount of Greek yogurt and natural food colouring together in your chosen colours. Dip/roll the egg you've just made out of the Nakd bar into the coloured yogurt. Place onto a plate covered with greaseproof paper and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the yogurt outside is set.
7) To assemble the Easter nests remove them from the cupcake cases. Fill with either blueberries or your homemade baby friendly mini eggs.
If you have a go at making these I'd love to see your pictures - please tag me on Twitter (@Treasure_E_M) or Instagram (treasure_e_m).
What's your little ones favourite Easter treat?
Feel free to leave a comment :)